Sunday, March 28, 2010

Friends in Low Places..


But some have done really well!!
David Flores is an old friend and an amazing artist.. We met years ago in Santa Barbara living in the same studio complex couple doors down. Eventually our buddy Carl Nunes would grind the rail of a two story building with a drop of death on the other side.
My appartment was cool and Ricky Higgins would eventuly move in and share rent with me for some time as well as Matt Brooks and anyone on tour or surfing up the coast! haha.. anywho....
anytime you walked into daves appartment he was hunched over his desk with some beats goin in the back goin "Yo!, check this out!" , and things like "Mad!" .... i was always pumped to drop in cause he was always thrilled to be pounding out art.. and SELLING ART!....

One time he woke me up early one sunday morning cause i didnt lock my door after i had gotten jumped along with the urchin divers who lived underneath me after walking home from State st.....I wish i had taken a photo of that cause my nose was busted up pretty good.

Nordstroms' downtown had $.25 coffee and we would barge it every Sunday or so and check out the ladies.. These were awesome times!!
ANYWHO.... check out David's art...
http://www.davidfloresart.com/
heres a board i am working on...