Sunday, January 2, 2011

Waves breakin....

Seth bought me a whale cause i love the whales here so!!!!
Urchins and Lava flow on the big island... and some beers that we have drank....




Mistakes are costly here sometimes..
Back on the North Shore... Good friends and a new swell.


Happy new year.. heres a question from an aspiring surfer:

Merry Christmas Jon!

I was wondering if maybe we could meet up or just chat over facebook about a few things.
I am thinking about trying for sponsorship, and would really appreciate any advice, tips, or simply a shove in the right direction about how to get yourself out there. I understand you have been in the industry for a good amount of time and might have some precious knowledge to share.
I know youre a busy man and I don't ever want to be a bother, but if you get a chance, i eagerly await your response!
Thanks!
-Wrenna


aloha Wrenna..
I am headin back to the North Shore today.. are you there? sorry it has taken so long to get back to you.. i have been extremely busy...

Portfolios are Key...
with some of your best photos, recent accomplishments and what you plan to achieve for the upcoming year as well as future plans...
Get contacts of Team Managers, top photographers as well as ask the magazines who they recommend working with or any up and coming shooters whose work you like and work closely and hard with them..

Try to hire shooters to go on trips and then push them to the magazines..

Hit me up with other questions and i will try to help you out more / put you in the right directions....

its all bout having goals , not taking " no " for an answer, follow ur heart and do whats right..

asking questions is key and you are puttting your best foot forward...

hit me up with anything else and let me know if that helps...
aloha

jon