Thursday, May 17, 2012

Stacy Peralta

wow... What a great day...... The summit begins with registration and i run into long time friend and editor Sam George..... Sam is good people and LOVEs surfing... He is the romantic writer and an encyclopedia on any thing and everything surf related.!!! Go ahead.... ask him anything! hahah So Sam is with Stacy Peralta whom I am a big fan of his work and respect his skating and surfing from the original Dogtown boys... Pretty cool stuff.... Sam asks me if I know Stacy (as he is very polite like that) and then continues to introduce me to him.. not to be cheesedick about any of this but Sam informs Stacy that he has never seen a popshuvit on a longboard besides the one I did at San O one time during our annual Surfer Magazine BBQ years ago...WOW!!! was I blown away.. Stacy was pretty stoked on the idea of it as well... It was probably one of the best ones I have ever done staring off surfing the 9'3 Engle shaped Infinity rad noserider backwards and popping it out of the water only to catch it 180... So stoked.... Thats a pretty legit "claim to fame" Sam exclaims to Stacy.. I will take it I say.!!! :) hahaha Wow.... I am on cloud 9.... sooo stoked to be recognized like that... and its great to see Sam again.. We have had some good times together and I really respect him as a surfer and writer and what he has done for Surfer magazine.. It was a great and amazing time to work at Surfer with him... stoked..... Stacy's and Sams conversation this evening was pretty all time and his points about filmmaking were all time!!! I learned alot from both of them... Sooo stoked to be a fly on the wall... Thanks for the work SIMA!