Friday, August 3, 2012

Greg Cheek Remembered

Greg was a good friend of mine and I didn't get to hang out as much as I would have liked to.... Greg has moved on in life and randomly i get notes from strangers about how rad and what a great guy he was.... That makes it all worth while.... Here is someone who's life was affected positively by Greg.... Thanks for saying hi!!  Hello,   I met Greg  in Texas in 2002. I was married, suffering from depression, and on heavy drugs. Gregory seemed very interesting. We would hang out, and he would sing and dance to skater music. We hung out on and off for months. What his parents did not know was that I had just got out of a mental ward for a suicide attempt. Gregory shared with me his love for his parents, their personal issues , his dream of surfing again, how he missed his friends, the time some guys beat him up, and his dreams of owning a surf shop. He even told me of what he wanted his life to be like in the future. He said he wanted to move to Mexico, own a surf shop, have all of his friends come and chill.....and he wanted to marry a nice hispanic girl and have 3 or more babies. There was not a mean bone in his body. He is the reason I have made it and deal with my mental condition. After hanging out with Gregory I learned to love myself. I stopped doing drugs, joined the Army ( I was 33!...lol), did two tours in Iraq, became a Sgt, ran 3 full marathons, counseled soldiers on drug abuse, and I am now working on a degree ( Cal State) to become a social worker with teenagers who have mental issues. I am a senior. Plus, me and my husband are adopting two teenage boys. If it were not for Gregory I would have committed suicide or died from drug abuse. I just wanted you to know that he made an impact on someone's life and I will do my best to live up to what Gregory taught me.           Thank you for being his friend,          anynmous
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket