Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Questions for Photographers

For a students project invterview:

- When & where was the photographer born?
I was born in 75 in San Antonio Texas

-Did he/she study photography or self taught?
I took classes at Del Mar College and graduated from Brooks Institute of Photography with a bachelors' in the year 2000.

- Describe the genres the photographer works with primarily; landscape, portraiture,etc. where were the photos taken?
Most of my work in of the surf and skate scenes in Southern California where I live and the other is traveling around the world chasing waves or touring with skaters and rock-n-rollers.
I like taking "lineup " photos of surf breaks the most and its a timeless way to look at a wave and get stoked..


I like shooting portraits of the athletes where they do their gig, versus in studio surroundings.

- What would you consider the style of your work?
I would consider my body of work just life. Some people get up in the morning and go to a cubile all day. Others wake up and grab a surfboard or a skateboard or thier guitar. I like to mix photos, prints and paints. What ever I'm in the mood for. I just did some great work with Dinah Bowman recently. We had a wonderful reception of the pieces at the Felder Gallery in Port Aransas, Tx.


- Does the photographer use film or digital? Type of camera & equipment used for photos.
I will occassionally use film for certain projects but the 95% of my work is digital.