Friday, February 4, 2011

Legend passes........

A beautiful morning at the beach.... Shot with an up and coming young lady and was impressed..
Learned of Le Roy Grannis' passing... He was 93 and stoked he lived such a great life...
Definately a huge inspiration of mine.... I met him at a trade show one year and chatted it up a bit...
I went down a few isles and came across this Dewey Weber poster and was PUMPED as it was one of my favorites....(technically, locale, poise etc... all of it.)
So i ran back and asked Mr. Grannis to sign it for me... I rarely get signatures but for some reason, like i said have always loved Mr. Grannis' photos....
SO.... with his passing this is my little thanks and fond memory of him... Stoked to have met and chatted with him.



Kurzbard shot this fun video of our trip to Sector 9 breadbowl last week.. enjoy..