Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Texas!!!!!



Chris Grant-
One of the first surf magazines I ever picked up had a feature on Texas and I stared for hours at photos that ranged from mustard colored to downright brown. Since that time I've always appreciated those types of waves...a little bit ugly, a touch unsightly with froth, and definitely full of sand and foam.

(As I've never actually been to Texas myself, I'll be tagging this one with the name of a photographer who absolutely digs the Lone Star State, Jon Steele. Jon, does this water color even remotely reflect what you'd find back home or have I been thinking the wrong thing for the past 30 years?)

Jon Steele-
Dead On brother!!!! It's about finding that shimmering part of the wave in Texas that fuels soo many Texans love for surf!!! It might not be the biggest curl, but it's a curl! It might not be the prettiest wave, but there is always something beautiful about em!! ;) Great shot! Jazz the Glass!!!


OH and I fractured my F*cking Heel... RAD!!!
If i get alzheimer's, please remind me that I don't regret any of it!
;)
I was blessed to see Dr. Terry Romine with the help of my friend EG and Sector 9... Bless them all!!!
I would have been walking on it for months to come as i thought it was healing.... That could have gotten bad fast!!
4 weeks in a boot and healing up.. UGH... Oh well, comes with the territory and makes ya stronger..